Anti Ageing FAQs
I’ve noticed my skin looking older. How can I prevent lines and wrinkles?
There is no magical cure for ageing and prevention is always better than cure but you can do a lot to smooth the visible signs and keep wrinkles under control.
- Moisturise and protect with a good quality lotion or cream even if your skin is oily. Keeping skin hydrated smoothes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dry skin ages quickly and shows wrinkles more, so chose a slightly richer moisturiser.
- Use your moisturiser morning and night to maximise benefits. Specialist anti-wrinkle creams and serums are also effective to reduce the signs of ageing.
- Protect your skin from Ultra Violet (sun) light even in the winter, (see next question). Use a sun cream whenever your face is exposed to the elements.
Always keep your skin clean and avoid chemicals especially from pollution.
- Smoking is possibly the worst thing you can do to your skin. If it doesn’t kill you first, it will certainly make you look at least 10 years older.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water as dehydration is really bad for your skin. Aim for eight large glasses a day.
- Get sufficient sleep and try to relax. Stress really shows on your face and can damage the skin if it continues over a long period.
Moisturizers with Anti-Ageing Properties
Anti-Ageing Serums to Reduce Visible Signs of Ageing
Published on Monday, August 22nd, 2011 under Grooming Guides